Located on our alpaca farm at beautiful Lake Manapouri, our 1 bedroom fully self-contained cottage provides farm stay accommodation with open plan living/dining/kitchen, complete with laundry, outdoor hot tub (spa) and gas BBQ.
The cottage enjoys views of the Kepler, Hunter and Takitimu Mountains, and provides the perfect place to base yourself while visiting the world renown Milford and Doubtful Sounds and exploring Fiordland. Enjoy an evening soaking in the spa pool star gazing without light pollution.
- The bedroom has a queen bed with stunning views over the Kepler Mountains.
- All windows give magnificent views of the Kepler Mountains and the cottages own gardens and outdoor living area which is complete with gas BBQ and outdoor furniture.
- Well-appointed kitchen includes: Dishwasher, electric bench top grill, electric 2 burner cooktop, microwave, electric frypan, toasted sandwich maker, coffee grinder for fresh plunger coffee (along with fresh beans), pantry basics including teas, coffee, chocolate, herbs, flour, sugar, oil etc
- Large flat screen TV including Netflix with a selection of books, games and puzzles.
- All linens including spa towels are included, we clean after you depart so you can get on with enjoying your holiday.
- Complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi.
- Laundry includes washing machine and dryer as well as an outdoor clothes line.
- The outdoor living area looks onto the Kepler, Hunter and Takitimu Mountains along with a outdoor hot tub for star gazing at night and a gas BBQ.
- Gardens separate Kepler Mountain View Cottage from our house to enable privacy for guests.
- Facing directly north, Kepler Mountain View Cottage captures all day sun, for your comfort an inverter heat pump (air conditioning) will quickly cool you down on hot days and warm you up on cool days.
- All seasons alpaca duvets made from our alpaca fibre makes for a very snuggly nights sleep.
- Meet and hand feed the Alpacas during your stay, while Alpacas do not like to be patted they will happily come to you and feed from alpaca nuts out of your hand – they are extremely gentle feeders and all you will feel is a soft brush of their top lip on your hand.
Our Manapouri accommodation is fully insulated and constructed from renewable resources and in June 2019 had a complete makeover.
At Kepler Mountain View our water supply is fresh Fiordland rainwater which after filtration has no need for chemical processing. Enjoy drinking and showering in Fiordland’s pure rain water. Our electricity comes from solar power backed up by main hydro electricity if required and hot water is heated by LPG gas.
We are carbon positive with a 25 hectare forestry block planted in 1995 which off sets our own carbon footprint.